CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 26, 2009

The Story of Us


To begin, Taylor and I didn't know each other until February 2003 (our sophmore year in high school).  I played volleyball with some of his girl friends and they asked him to ask me, a girl that he didn't have a clue who I was to Sweetheart Ball.  Our friends kept trying to point him out to me but I thought that they were pointing to someone and I always mistaken which one he was.  So February 7, 2003 I got already to go to this dance with someone I really had no idea who he was.  We started hanging out as friends and then through the summer we began to date and things took off from there.  We graduated in June 2005 and we both had decisions to make.  Taylor had to decide if he wanted to go to school or sever a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I had to decide if I wanted to go to school and what I was going to study and the type of job I wanted while I went to school.  Taylor left November 16, 2005 to serve a 2 year mission in Lima, Peru East, I had made one of the hardest decisions ever and that was to be here when he returned home in 2 years.
I made it the 2 years with a few growing experiences and nothing compared to the experiences Taylor faced on his mission.  Taylor returned home from his mission on December 4, 2007, we were both nervous when we saw each other for the first time in 2 years.  Well by the end of the night on December 4 we had almost picked up to where we left off.  I had informed Taylor that I didn't want to be proposed to on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day because it seemed a little cheesy to me.  So instead on December 23 after we were heading to my house after branch prayer Taylor asked me to be his wife in his car and I said yes.  
When we went to go tell my family that we were engaged, we informed them that we were planning on getting married February 29, 2008.  So during the week after Christmas with our wonderful wedding planner (my mother) we had all of our plans figured out and were just waiting for February 29, 2008 to come our way after only 2 days.  
When people first heard that we were getting married February 29 they thought that it was odd and teased us about only having an anniversary only every 4 years.  We thought it was a unique way for us because we are a unique couple who were together for 5 years.  On our special day we had both of our families there and it was honestly the happiest day of our lives.  We are coming up on our first year and through a little bit of rocky spots we have reached a great mark with many more to follow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment